Union Learning Reps (ULRs)
ULRs are members who are passionate about learning and want to help others. Their role can be summed up as:
- Promoting Learning – advertising courses and making people aware
- Supporting people – helping overcome barriers that stop them taking up learning
- Identify needs – finding out what people want to learn
- Organise their own courses – short workshops, book swaps or courses
- Work with employers to support learning
ULRs should get paid time-off to train and do their duties. See the video below to hear about the experiences of members who attended a recent ULR conference and how their role supports members to access learning opportunities. Please contact us to find out more.
Union Learning Rep (ULR) Training dates:
To become a ULR there are two steps:
- Contact your branch to get yourself ‘nominated’. This is the official bit and is needed to get your paid time-off
- Complete the course application form (see Resources, below) send it back to your branch.
To find out how to contact your branch call UNISON direct on 08000 857 857 You can find helpful information about time-off for trade union duties and activities here: ACAS Code of Practice
For further details please contact: Gavin McCann firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Course Code||Course Dates|
|Lincoln (closing date 5 Sept)||02190048||3,10 & 17 October|
|Nottingham (closing date 14 Oct)||02190049||11,18 & 25 November|
|Market Harborough (closing date 21 Oct)||02190081||21, 28 Nov & 12 Dec|
Already a ULR? Want to progress?